Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Would you like to read it? I didn't like it."


That was how the book "Friends, Lovers, Chocolate: An Isabel Dalhousie Mystery" by Alexander Mccall Smith was loaned to me. And I really enjoyed it. That may be beccause I didn't read the first book and had no standard to which to put this book. I do admit that it could make a reader feel rather, uneducated?, with all its philosophical meanderings and whatnot. Now I must really read the first book and the next one as well. I really adored the fact that Isabel is such a strong, intelligent female figure. And it doesn't hurt that the story takes place in Scotland!

I hate to admit to it but I did not finish Milk Glass Moon. It was a bit too folksy and dull for me. So it was unceremoniously returned to the library. I shall have to read more to make up for it.

No comments: