Wednesday, February 13, 2008

By the Great Tenderloin of the Calf!

I finally finished Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. I laughed outloud so many times throughout this book. It should be made into a movie (ask Miss Ifi about the performance I gave of Joshua bumping through the crowds at Antioch) but I can imagine the uproar it would definitely cause. An amusing and interesting tale about the whereabouts of Jesus Christ in the "missing years". Moore did much research for his book, obviously drawing from many historians theories on where Jesus was during his teenage years.
I really enjoyed it because Joshua's character wasn't overly righteous, but that of an inexperienced and somewhat niave boy who had a big job in front of him, complicated by having the high and mighty as his father. And Biff, makes up for all the things Joshua can't do. It has got so many great moments and quotes. Read it!

No comments: